Monday, September 2, 2013

Naglfar In Luleå


Musikens makt

Well I will only write reviews about metal and close to it and bands which I like, so no pop and hip hop, but if you pay me let’s say 40 000 kroner tax free, I can write super huge pop and hip hop review and all reviews generally what happened, describe all, but since it’s like hobby so only what I like.
 
Friday:

Rekyl – some kind of Swedish oldies, from 70’s mixing blues, oldies, rock n roll, well we can say old good pop music when it was real, when pop was cool and good. I enjoyed it, songs what I heard were good. But I am not familiar with the band's studio albums, and it seems that google, wiki and youtube are not big help to judge it. But me like an old school guy I can imagine cold winter night in Luleå, take some stout or porter, put real vinyl on and simply listen music, like in old days.

Uttbrott – It is a Swedish punk band from Luleå 2 guys(drums n bass) and 2 girls(guitars and vox)
I am not familiar with this band' s studio songs, so its hard to judge, but when band kicked in stage, it was a blast, I can't remember when I saw last punk band live, but this was super, such quality seems band was around like 20 years and touring like Amon Amarth, Motörhead and whatever old timers. Such an awesome sound and playing all instruments. Maybe 1st gig what I can remember using my memory in holiday, vocation mood, where sound check was super and vocals was good from 1st song. Even might WASP, Iced Earth did suck at first 2 songs because of vocals. I didn’t get much of lyrics because it is so hard at live gig hear and understand those if you never ever have heard band's studio albums. One of biggest discoveries in last 5 years, now I wanna see this band live again. 

Mother Of The Forest – Too much industrial, I don’t like industrial so much, only few bands and I wont think and give a names, I am to lazy.

Saturday:
Benmjöl – I cant find Info about this band, and I hope I did not mess something up. I saw maybe last 2-3 songs. It was fast aggressive, punk mixed with thrash, speed, like Motörhead meets Toxic Holocaust, or some more metal orientated punk mixes whit old Blind Guardian and edd some early Celtic Frost, Venom, Bathory elements into music. (at speed metal era, since Battalions Of Fear and Follow The Blind was speed metal albums, not power(flower). I enjoyed this band

 
NAGLFAR – huh where to start?

I might be wrong, since I don’t have a set list, but
I start whit ‘’disappointment’’ because since Vittra what was realized in 1995 is my fav album from band, and they did not play any song from that, specially my favorite.’’ Enslave the Astral Fortress’’

Band comes from Umeå and has been around from 1992 and well are In the top of underground. I like Vittra, because it is different, it's more old school BM, more nature inspired, more artistic, more comos and more old school. We can talk about BM elitism, but to me BM is just a specifically guitar sound, not like Marduk bassist said, ‘’to me if Saxon would put satanistic lyric, it would be a BM’’ I 100% disagree, its not a lyric, it is a guitar sound, in that case if lady gaga would sing a satanistic song, would it be a black metal, or black music? Many bm elitist will disagree, but they can piss of, I don’t give a F#¤K
Ok back on the topic. But from 1995 band line up has changed, actually from 00’s band became 3 men peace, + they use 2 touring missions drummer and guitarist. So its logically they would play newer songs, as far I remember it was like this, Pale Hourse, Spoken Words Of Venom, A Swarm Of Plagues, I Am Vengeance. I was surprise because in some way I Am Vengeance is like a ‘’hit’’ band made a video to that song and it was at music TV some times in long ago. They played that song, as far I remember it was 3th or 4th.  
Sound was a killer, blast, simply amazing, such a energy, atmosphere and it took the crowd away somewhere to Valhalla, asgård what so ever in one of 9 words. That was a killer gig, I wish band would play more like 120min, not like 45. Band's playing skills is awesome, this why metal, blues and more far away from modern pop bands can kick the ass at live gigs, simply as fact, and it always will be like this(even I don’t give so high hopes to next generation), but it will be

Also sound was fixed long time ago before it starts and vocals, maybe little bit, but in second song all was as good as it should be into such kind a gig.
 
And then she came forth, the forest goddess
Her crying hymns were calling for me
I followed her through the eternal vast forest
And so, so I found myself lost there in...      

No comments:

Post a Comment